How do you specify a motor?
Identify if the motor is single or three phase – this should be detailed on the nameplate with the voltage supplied to the motor. Identify the power rating or kilowatt kW reading. If the power is given in horsepower (hp), multiply by 0.75 to give the power in kilowatts.
What is rated torque of motor?
Rated torque is the maximum continuous torque available at the design speed that allows the motor to do the work without overheating. Starting torque is the torque the motor delivers at zero speed.
How will you select the motor rating for a specific application?
5 steps to choose the best motor for your application
- Step 1: Know the load characteristics. …
- Step 2: Get a handle on horsepower. …
- Step 3: Getting started. …
- Step 4: Adjust for duty cycle. …
- Step 5: The last consideration, motor hypoxia.
3 дек. 2011 г.
Which motor is used for constant speed?
Hence, a DC shunt motor is able to self-regulate its speed, and can be referred to as a constant speed motor. When a load is applied to a DC shunt motor, its speed decreases, but the motor is able to self-regulate and quickly compensate for the lost speed.
Which motor is used in tramways?
This paper compares five different motor types used in variable speed drives: a dc motor with a mechanical commutator and with electromagnetic or permanent magnets excitation, a cage induction motor, asynchronous cascade with a slip‐ring motor and a brushless motor with PM excitation.
How is rated torque calculated?
- Torque (lb.in) = 63,025 x Power (HP) / Speed (RPM)
- Power (HP) = Torque (lb.in) x Speed (RPM) / 63,025.
- Torque (N.m) = 9.5488 x Power (kW) / Speed (RPM)
- Power (kW) = Torque (N.m) x Speed (RPM) / 9.5488.
What is pull out torque?
The maximum torque that can be applied to a motor operating at a given speed without losing synchronism.
What is torque in AC motor?
Torque motors are designed to provide high starting torque and sloping characteristics (torque is highest at zero speed and decreases steadily with increasing speed), along with operating over a wide speed range. They also provide stable operation, especially in the low speed range or under a locked rotor condition.
Which type of motor has high starting torque?
DC motor has high starting torque.In a series motor the same current flows through the armature and the field winding.
How do you select a pump motor?
The power required to drive the pump at the rated design condition should always be less than the nameplate horsepower rating of the motor. So if the pump will require 4.5 HP at the design condition, at a minimum, the motor should be sized for 5 HP – the next nominal size above 4.5 HP.
How do I choose motor power?
10 Steps to Choosing the Right Motors for Your Robotic Project
- Step 1: Determine the total weight and traction requirements. …
- Step 2: Calculate the traction wheel rotation speed. …
- Step 3: Calculate the traction motor power/torque. …
- Step 4: Calculate the lifter motor rotation speed. …
- Step 5: Calculate the lifter motor power/torque.
23 авг. 2018 г.
Which motor has the poorest speed control?
1. Which of the following DC motor has the poorest speed control? Explanation: DC series motor at no load condition gives infinite speed ideally. Practically it will damage all the armature circuit.
What is the starting torque?
Starting torque is the torque transferred by the shaft coupling during run-up (see Start-up process). It is calculated based on the ratio of power (P) to angular velocity (ω) and is represented as a rotational speed function.
Which power is mentioned on a nameplate of a motor?
8. Which power is mentioned on a name plate of a motor? Explanation: Name plate of the motor shows rated values i.e. rated speed, rated current, rated voltage. It also shows output power available at shaft when all other quantities are set to rated values.